Boasting over 330 days of sunshine each year, beautiful desert scenery, and a unique terrain, Arizona is world renown as a prime golf destination. Within the city of Scottsdale, there are 51 golf courses designed by some of the greatest names in the golf world:
- Jay Morrish assisted in the design of the TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course
- Phil Mickelson assisted in the design of ASU Karsten Golf Course
- Tom Weiskopf designed Troon North Golf Club
- Ben Crenshaw and Bill Boore design Talking Stick Golf Club
According to Golf Channel, Scottsdale is home to six of the ten top golf courses in Arizona, including the top three courses: Troon North Golf Club, We-Ko-Pa Golf Club and Talking Stick Golf Club.
The Pinnacle at Troon North Golf Club is Golf Magazine’s Number #1 pick for the “Best Public Golf Course in Arizona”. Other notable public courses include:
- Grayhawk Golf Club, designed by Tom Fazio, offers two public courses winding through the Sonora desert, offering rare challenges even for the experience golfer. Voted one of the vest places to play and the most likely place to spot a celebrity.
- The Phoencian, considered “one of the finest golf venues in the Southwest”, was named “North America’s Leading Golf Resort” by World Travel Awards.
- Legend Trail, designed by Rees Jones, is a hidden treasure offering a wide fairways and unique challenges, situated in a picturesque environment. Golf For Women magazine recently named Legend Trail as one of the top 100 Women-Friendly Fairways.
Voted “Best in the State” by Golf Digest: 2011-2012, The Estancia Club is a private golf club designed by Tom Fazio and located on the northern slope of Scottsdale stunning landmark Pinnacle Peak. Other notable private clubs include:
- The Golf Club Scottsdale is located near the stunning McDowell Mountain and is considered unusual in that it was not built as part of a housing development.
- The Country Club at DC Ranch is a private golf and country club located at the base of the magnificent McDowell Mountains in Scottsdale. This course was designed by Tom Lehman and John Fought to accommodate all levels of golfers.
- Desert Mountain offers the ultimate and elegant experience in club living with custom Home sites, estates and courtyard homes. The golf course, designed by renowned golfer Jack Nicklaus, defines desert golf at its best with impressive elevation changes, rolling green fairways and breathtaking views.
- Mirabel offers exquisite homes as well as a challenging award-winning desert course. It’s North Scottsdale location makes Mirabel a highly desirable location.